With more than four decades of commitment to rural telecommunications’ success, OPASTCO is a national trade association that:
- Represents more than 525 independently owned local exchange carriers (LECs) and their affiliate telecommunications companies.
- Advocates rural telecom policy before Congress and the FCC for LEC members with fewer than 100,000 access lines.
- Includes LEC members’ affiliates operating in telecommunications markets such as long distance, Internet, broadband networks, cable television, IP video and wireless.
- Provides educational programs, conventions and publications that create forums for sharing rural telecom knowledge.
- Contributes to the success of the Coalition to Keep America Connected, which OPASTCO is a founding member.
- Supports rural education and community development through its non-profit foundation, the Foundation for Rural Education and Development (FRED).